I tried this recipe I found on Pinterest last night and it was fabulous, my family loved it and it was so simple. I also served it with thinly sliced chicken breasts or your favorite vegetable.
Give it a try!!!
My secret ingredient is sugar, it really brings out the balance of flavors and punches up the sauce to another level and that makes this simply delicious!
But remember, keep it our secret.
Copy Cat Recipe - Olive Garden Pasta Alfredo
- Saute chicken breasts, mushrooms or broccoli
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 1 pint of heavy cream
- 1 cup of Parmesan cheese (shredded)
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar (opt)
- salt and pepper (I ended up adding about ½ teaspoon of pepper but that is just me)
- salt the pasta water and add a little pasta water to the sauce.
- Make pasta according to package directions.
- In a sauce pan over medium heat - melt butter and add garlic and cook for two minutes.
- Add cream and cream cheese and heat till bubbling ( not to the point of a boil)
- Add in parmesan cheese, sugar, salt and pepper to taste and mix until the cheese melts and becomes thicker.
- Add a little pasta water for the right consistency because this sauce thickens as it cools.
- Mix the sauce with the pasta and serve with sauteed chicken or vegetables such as mushrooms or broccoli.
Note: I sliced chicken breast into thirds, seasoned them lightly with salt, pepper and truffle salt. Then I sauteed them in olive oil and butter, and served them over the pasta.
Please post your secrets in the comments below.